Since our launch in August 2011 we have made incredible achievements that we wanted to share with you. The journey has been an rewarding and humbling experience. We thank you for your support and look forward to continuing the momentum in 2013.
- Our collaboration with The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) – the strength of our partnership is demonstrated by the increase in grant applications and awardees in Australia, as well as our solid relationship with the MJFF Team and Directors.
Funding four Australian Research Grants in partnership with MJFF, a great step towards our goal of finding better treatment for Parkinson’s on the path to the cure.
- Launching a credible brand for Parkinson’s disease in Australia’s Not for Profit sector, and engaging a strong community of supporters which continues to grow each day.
- The launch of “Fox Trial Finder” in Australia enabling people to register for clinical trials in their area.
- Bringing the Parkinson’s Progression Markers Initiative to Australia – Making it a truly global study. The discovery of a biomarker is critical to the development of new and better treatments for PD, particularly treatments that could slow or stop the progression of the disease, something no currently available treatment can do.
- Establishing a fun and recognisable fundraising arm with ‘Team Fox Australia’ and raising considerable funds which have been directly invested into cutting edge research in Australia.
- Receiving fantastic opportunities with all channels of Australian media, and creating successful relationships with media partners and personalities in order to maintain the momentum of public awareness.
- Hosting successful fundraising events and activities including our partnership with Diageo, raising $30,000 in one evening.
- Successfully attaining highest fundraising team and individual in the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 2011, including the acceptance as a partner charity after only one month of operating publicly, raising over $70,000.
- Defending our title in the 2012 Blackmores Sydney Running Festival — again taking out the highest fundraising team and individual prize which secured an additional $5000 for the foundation thanks to sponsors Suncorp Bank. With over 70 runners and our celebrity supporters Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler and Lachie Turner taking part we again raised over $70,000.
Celebrating a number of Team Fox Australia Heroes, special individuals who have put themselves through mild to extreme situations and have succeeded in raising considerable funds for the Foundation, creating awareness and support across the Nation.
- Our strong relationship with our corporate partners, who have tirelessly supported us and given advice during our development, ensuring we continue to grow and achieve success.