Due to the unfolding COVID-19 situation, Pause 4 Parkinson’s last year was quite challenging. For 2021, we are hoping to be back better than ever with your help! But we do need to consider the changing COVID-19 situation in our fundraising.
There are plenty of ways to get the message out there about Parkinson’s and raise funds towards better treatments that will slow, stop and ultimately cure Parkinson’s disease. 100% of the funds we raise through Pause 4 Parkinson’s will go to Parkinson’s research thanks to our founding directors commitment to cover all administration costs. Shake It Up is thrilled to have supporters right across Australia supporting the foundation with exciting fundraising activities. We need your help to make a difference. Let’s make 2021 the year for Parkinson’s Research.
Use your skills and networks to fundraise and join in the fight to cure Parkinson’s. You could fundraise by hosting an event with friends and family, challenging yourself for Parkinson’s, or putting on a fundraiser at work. Almost anything is possible, and we are here to help you on your journey. Contact us or set up a fundraising page to start your journey.
Hosting COVID-Safe events
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the way we host events and fundraising has changed. You’ll need to ensure that your fundraising complies with local restrictions and that you’ve done your best to ensure any participants are safe. Things to consider include (but are not limited to):
- Restrictions on the number of people permitted in a house, venue square-metre requirements and social distancing
- Hand washing facilities and/or sanitising stations
- Food preparation and sharing of food
- Face masks
Socially-Distant Fundraising Ideas
If you are concerned about COVID-19, please don’t let that stop you from getting involved in fundraising for Pause 4 Parkinson’s. There are lots of fundraising ideas that are socially distant and safe. Consider the below ideas or get in touch for more information:
- Create a personal challenge like running 30min per day for 30 days or walking 10,000 steps per day for a month or even giving up alcohol/sugar for a month
- Host an online event, perhaps a virtual wine tasting or quiz night, via Zoom, Facetime or HouseParty
- Donations instead of gifts for a special occasion like birthday or wedding
- Encourage others to donate through an online fundraising page or Facebook fundraiser
There are heaps of ideas and anything is possible!
Get involved in Pause 4 Parkinson’s this April and make a difference.
You can register your fundraising here or contact our Community Fundraising and Events Manager, Isobel for more information.
Shake It Up are grateful for our incredible community members whose fundraising efforts play an integral role in helping us advance research towards a cure. Let’s make Pause 4 Parkinson’s 2021 the best year yet!