A new research study being conducted by Abbvie aims to understand how Parkinson’s disease is affecting people living with the condition, their families, communities, and society, and the benefit of advanced treatment options. The study is looking to identify people living with or involved in the care of Parkinson’s disease to provide their perspectives and experiences. You can find out more about this study and how to participate here.
Who can participate?
- Healthcare professionals such as clinicians and nurses who have experience with Parkinson’s disease and device-aided therapy for advanced Parkinson’s disease.
- People living with Parkinson’s disease who are eligible for device-aided therapy.
- Family members or carers (over age 18) of persons with Parkinson’s disease who are eligible for device-aided therapy.
What do I need to do?
Take part in a 30-minute to 1-hour interview. The interview will be conducted over a video conference platform such as Microsoft Teams.
Alternatively, you can take part in a short online survey. Instructions for
the online survey will be provided to you during a short phone call and you can complete the survey over the phone if you prefer.
Support will be available should you experience distress during the interview
What types of questions will I be asked?
For Healthcare Professionals
- Your patients’ Parkinson’s disease diagnosis, treatment options, and treatment experience.
- The potential impact Parkinson’s disease has on your patients.
- Your patients’ mental health and outlook and how these might be influenced by Parkinson’s disease.
- Changes in your patients’ daily life.
- How your patients experience Parkinson’s disease today.
For people with Parkinson’s or family/carers
- You or your family member’s diagnosis, treatment options, and treatment experience.
- How Parkinson’s disease has impacted your or your family member’s health, personal life, and relationships.
- Your mental health and outlook and how this is influenced by Parkinson’s disease.
- Changes in your daily life.
- How you think about Parkinson’s disease today
How will my information be used?
- Your interview will be used to inform a report about the broader impacts of Parkinson’s disease.
- No personal details will be shared and anything you share will remain anonymous.
- The intention is that this report will be made public by AbbVie to inform additional research and potential new treatments.
The research is being commissioned by AbbVie and will be undertaken by the research agency HTANALYSTS.
If you are interested in participating, contact HTANALYSTS to register your interest and to receive further information on the study.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org