The Board of Shake It Up Australia Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for Shake It Up Australia Foundation in dealing with privacy considerations.
Shake It Up Australia Foundation is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
Shake It Up Australia Foundation will:
• Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
• Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
• Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
• Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
• Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.