Fundraising for The Shake It Up Australia Foundation
- Can the Shake It Up Australia Foundation help promote my event?
We may choose to promote public events that are created by our members on our website and / or social media channels. You may request for us to feature your event however we reserve the right to decline.
- Can I sell items with the Shake It Up Logo on it?
If you wish to create merchandise to sell with the Shake It Up Australia Foundation on it, then it must be explicitly approved by us. Please be aware that it is illegal under Australian Law to create unofficial merchandise.
- What materials can Shake It Up provide me?
The Shake It Up Australia Foundation can provide you with branded;
- T-Shirt or Singlets
- Promotional material
- Clinical trial flyers
- Donation Envelopes
- How do I set up a fundraising page?
- Select Fundraise
- Create your Account
- Select ‘Yes’ is your event is a team event
- Enter your fundraising event name
- Enter your target
If you need any assistance creating our page please contact our community events and fundraising manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising in an Athletic Event
Most other events allow you to fundraise and you can generally select us as your preferred charity during registration.
- What is a matching gift and how can it help my fundraising efforts?
Many companies offer employees a matching gift benefit that doubles (or in some cases, triples) your gift. By participating in these programs, you and your supporters can significantly increase the impact of your contribution in the fight to cure Parkinson’s disease. Contact your company’s Human Resources or Finance department to see if your company has a matching gift program (and encourage your donors to do the same), taking note of any possible restrictions. Fill out the proper forms, and then send your paperwork with donations to The Shake It Up Australia Foundation. Remind your donors that their companies may have matching gift programs too.
- Will donors who support my fundraising efforts be contacted by the foundation?
Your donors will not be solicited for donations to The Shake It Up Australia Foundation. They may however receive a newsletter with news about the foundation and the latest in Parkinson’s research. They will have an option to unsubscribe at any time.
- How do I direct people to my fundraising page?
You can direct people to your fundraising page in a number of ways, below are some quick strategies for you to use;
- Email your friends and family with a link to your fundraising page
- Post the link on your Linkedin profile
- Create a Facebook event page with a link to your fundraising page and invite your friends to like and share
- Place the link on the bottom of your emails
- Can I use the Shake It Up Australia Foundation Logo?
- Can I create items (hats, shirts, mugs etc) with the Shake It Up Logo?
If you would like to use The Shake It Up Australia Foundation logo on items, then you must receive explicit confirmation to do so. Please email your designs to email@example.com approval.
Applying for a grant
- How do I apply for a research grant?
As part of our partnership with the Michael J. Fox Foundation all applications for grants are submitted through their process for review and approval. To submit an application to research funding please follow the link below: https://www.michaeljfox.org/research/apply-for-grant.html Please don’t hesitate to contact us if your require any further assistance via firstname.lastname@example.org