Workplace Giving is a simple and tax-effective way for employees to make regular donations and advance Parkinson’s research. Employees make small, regular donations from their pre -tax pay. It’s simple, low cost and extremely effective. Their donation will be deducted from pre–tax earnings, which means no need to collect receipts and the total donation amount will be included in their end of year payment summary.
100% of all donations made to Shake It Up Australia will go directly towards innovative and ground-breaking Parkinson’s research.
You can also boost the impact of your Workplace Giving program through:
- donation matching fundraising
- skill sharing
- in -kind support
All current payroll systems or accounting software can facilitate workplace giving. The set-up process is straightforward – similar to a SMSF or health fund.
Download A Free Guide to Workplace Giving
What are the benefits for employees?
- Employees don’t pay tax on their donation and do not have to claim it on a tax return at the end of the financial year. The company will record the annual donation amount on a PAYG Payment Summary (Group Certificate) at the end of the year.
- Because the donation is made each pay, you only have to make one decision about how much to give.
What are the benefits for employers?
- Workplace giving engages your employees, has a positive impact on the community, and improves business performance.
- A successful program will bring your organisation’s values and culture to life – helping your staff find a greater sense of purpose at work, and get involved with activities that develop pride, foster teamwork, enhance motivation and create social change.
To find out more about partnering with Shake It Up for your workplace giving program, get in touch with our Community Fundraising and Events Manager Isobel