Shake It Up Australia Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
Vellux Blankets Australia
Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions detail how to enter the Shake It Up Australia Foundation for Parkinson’s Research 2023 Winter Competition (“Promotion”) in partnership with Vellux Blankets Australia. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other published materials, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. By participating in the Promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions associated with the Promotion. Entries not made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- The promoter is Shake It Up Australia Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (ABN: 65 270 391 304), PO Box 710, Spit Junction NSW 2088 in conjunction with Vellux Blankets Australia (ABN 83 086 473 314), 36-40 Halloran Street, Lilyfield NSW 2040.
- The Promotion is open to residents of Australia only (“Entrant”). Entrants under the age of 18 may only enter with the consent of their parent or their legal guardian and acknowledge that the prize will be registered in the name of that parent or legal guardian. Employees or directors of the Promoter and the Promoter’s agencies associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- All valid entries received by the closing time on the closing date will be reviewed by the judging panel. This Promotion is a game of chance and the first valid entry randomly drawn will win one (1) winning prize, with two valid entries randomly drawn subsequently each winning one of two (2) runner’s up prizes.
- The Promotion will commence on 3rd July 2023, 12:00AM (AEST)and will conclude on 17th July 2023, 12:00AM (AEST) (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
(a) Submit the competition entry form, including their name and email address.
(b) Follow Shake It Up Australia (@shakeitupaust) and Vellux Blankets Australia (@velluxblanketsaustralia) on Instagram
- The Promoter will not consider entries that are not posted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or posted after the Promotional Period has ended. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be disregarded. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The first prize (“Prize”) is one (1) Vellux King Size Blanket valued at AUD$189 to be shipped to the winner’s chosen address. Two (2) runner’s up will each win one (1) Vellux Single Size Blanket valued at AUD$129 to be shipped to each winner’s chosen address.
- Prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Where a Prize (or part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that Prize (or part of that Prize) with another prize of equal value or specification, subject to any necessary approval of the relevant gaming authorities. The Promoter will not be liable for any changes to the value or make up of products offered as a prize.
- The Winner will be notified via the email address provided on entering the competition. Once notified, the Winner will need to provide Shake It Up Australia with their physical mailing address and phone number to enable the delivery of the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If for any reason the Winner does not provide their correct name and contact details, or claim or take a Prize (or part of a Prize) by 30th July j23 (AEDT), the Winner will forfeit that Prize (or part of a Prize) and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that Prize (or part of a Prize), and the judges will select an alternate Winner to receive the prize.
- Winners should allow 14 days for the Prize delivery.
- The Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with the Promotion will take no responsibility for Prizes damaged, lost or stolen in transit.
- All ancillary costs or requirements associated with the Prize are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize. Winners should seek independent financial advice in relation to any tax payable in relation to the Prize.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant: (a) fails to establish his or her entitlement to enter the Promotion to the satisfaction of the Promoter; (b) tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (c) submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter also reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants’ details (including an Entrant’s identity, age and address). The Promoter may accept errors and omissions at its discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to an Entrant’s identity, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the Entrant’s identity.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in relation to the Promotion.
- The Shake It Up Australia Foundation competition landing page may not be available for access from time to time during the Promotion Period, and the Promoter does not accept any liability as a result of this unavailability at any time. Any contact details entered incorrectly on the Shake It Up Australia Foundation competition landing page will result in the relevant entry being invalid.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
- In consideration of their participation in the Promotion, Entrants grant the Promoter, its affiliates, and licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to reproduce, publish, communicate, modify and adapt their entry for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to their entry and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- Each Entrant agrees that he or she is fully responsible for his or her entry. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes any liability in relation to entries submitted under the Promotion. The Promoter may remove any entry without notice for any reason whatsoever. Each Entrants warrants and agree that: (a) they will not submit any entry that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain full prior consent to the uses contemplated in these Terms and Conditions from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the entry; (c) their entry does not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; (d) any person whose personal information, including any image included in a photograph or visual recording included in their entry is a person with whom the Entrant has a direct family or friendship relationship, and has consented to the use of his or her image for and in connection with the Promotion. If the person is under 18 years of age, the person’s parent or legal guardian has provided that consent; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other term in these Terms and Conditions, Entrants agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoter for any breach of the terms above.
- If for any reason the Promotion cannot run as planned, the Promoter can, at its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.